Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Foss' Football Forecast Week 1 NFL

I'm off to a pretty good start in week 1 of the college football season going 7-2 in Pac-10 games and 4-0 in other games, 3-1 against the spread (ATS).

This week the pros kick it off in the National Football League (NFL), and I have made it a hobby of mine to pick all the games every week since the 1980s. I've been able to maintain a 68 percent winning percentage just picking winners. I make up my own spread just to see if I can pick it exactly, and some I have. I usually have at least one or two exact picks a week. For example, I had one exact college pick last week saying Arizona State would beat Northern Arizona by 21 and the Sun Devils won 35-14. I knew I was going out on a limb picking California on the road at Tennessee, but since Cal was ranked higher and the Volunteers have been in a slump lately, I took Cal and lost. I also didn't know what to expect from Arizona, and Brigham Young (BYU) usually has a better offense, and they were playing at home, but Arizona pulled out the close one 16-13. Anyone reading my board can check out the scores for yourself, since they are plentiful elsewhere, I prefer Yahoosports.com or ESPN.com, so I won't waste space posting them here.

Here are Foss' Football Forecast for Week 2 of college football:
once again, home team in CAPS.

Pac-10 Picks:

Thursday, September 7, 2006:

BOISE STATE by 3 over oregon state

Saturday, September 9, 2006:

OKLAHOMA by 14 over washington
WASHINGTON ST. by 3 over idaho
stanford by 7 over SAN JOSE STATE
LSU by 10 over arizona
CALIFORNIA by 7 over minnesota
UCLA by 21 over rice
ARIZONA STATE by 14 over nevada
oregon by 3 over FRESNO STATE

My other picks for Saturday:

iowa by 14 over SYRACUSE
ARMY by 7 over kent state
PURDUE by 14 over miami, oh
ALABAMA by 10 over vanderbilt

Foss' Football Forecast for Week 1 of the NFL:

Thursday, September 7, 2006:

miami by 3 over PITTSBURGH

Sunday, September 10, 2006:

TENNESSEE by 3 over n.y. jets
seattle by 7 over DETROIT
CAROLINA by 3 over atlanta

Monday, September 11, 2006:

WASHINGTON by 3 over minnesota

It was unusual to see two Monday night NFL games on the schedule, but considering it is 9/11 it is appropriate to see our national capital hosting a game, that is why I picked that one. I won't post all my picks on here, just my Five best picks for the week to try and keep my record up.

Good luck all, have a great weekend of football as it is in full swing now in the wanning summer days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home