Thursday, September 28, 2006

Foss' Football Forecast, September 30-Oct. 2, 2006

I had a good week last week, my only loss was in a Pac-10 game with Washington's upset of UCLA 29-19. I went 4-1 in Pac-10 games and am now 25-6 overall for 80.6 percent. I stayed undefeated at 16-0 now in other college game picks with another 4-0 week. I also had an undefeated 5-0 NFL week to gain a winning record for the first time this season at 9-6 for 60 percent, and it will stay there and the percentage will continue to get better. Going with the road teams paid off last week as my assessment of the stronger teams were playing on the road panned out. I did have one typo last week as I thought TCU/BYU was on last Saturday's schedule, instead it was scheduled for Thursday, September 28th. BYU pulled off the upset with a dominate 31-17 win to end Texas Christian's longest win streak in the nation at 13-games. It was their first win over a Top 25 team since 1999. No. 1 Ohio State and No. 4 West Virginia both have won 11 games in a row, now the longest streaks in Division I-A. The NCAA's longest streak is 17 by Division II Grand Valley State.

The biggest Pac-10 game this week is my Oregon Ducks at Arizona State. Games in the valley of the sun usually are tough for Oregon, but their bye week came at just the right time last week as they could recover from their battle with Oklahoma. Meanwhile, ASU is coming off a tough 49-21 pounding by California. I knew Cal would win, but was surprised it was by that much. I'm picking the Ducks to stay undefeated and continue their climb up the national rankings, who enter this week at 14th in the AP Poll.

Here are this weeks picks:

Saturday, September 30, 2006:
Pac-10 games:

ARIZONA by 3 over washington
oregon by 3 over ARIZONA STATE
california by 10 over OREGON STATE
usc by 21 over WASHINGTON STATE
UCLA by 14 over stanford

other games:

michigan by 3 over MINNESOTA
KENTUCKY by 3 over central michigan
MIAMI by 21 over houston
TEXAS by 30 over sam houston state (first meeting)

NFL:

Sunday, October 1, 2006:

KC CHIEFS by 7 over sf 49ers
ST. LOUIS by 10 over detroit
dallas by 3 over TENNESSEE
indianapolis by 10 over N.Y. JETS

Monday, October 2, 2006:

PHILADELPHIA by 10 over green bay

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home