Thursday, October 19, 2006

Foss' Football Forecast, October 21-22, 2006

I did pretty good on my Pac-10 picks last week going 4-1, my only loss was the Oregon State Beavers upset of the Washington Huskies in Seattle, 27-17, who would've expected that! I was beginning to think OSU didn't have an offense this season after scoring only six points at home against Washington State, then they go into Husky Stadium and put up 27 points and walk away with an easy win. Just goes to show anything can happen in the Pac-10 on any given week. My overall Pac-10 pick record is now 36-10 for 78.3 percent.

The Oregon Ducks proved me correct as I got an exact pick with the Ducks winning by 10 at home against the UCLA Bruins, 30-20. It was a nice rebound for the Ducks after their debacle at Cal. The Ducks open the BCS rankings in 14th, while Cal is 10th and USC #2.

I finally got humbled in my "other college games" picks as my undefeated streak came to an end with a 2-3 weekend. I guess North Carolina is worse than I thought, I figured they would snap out of their funk with a non league game at home, but South Florida came in and trounced the Tar Heels too 37-20. I picked 15th-ranked Iowa figuring they would win easily over Indiana, but Hoosier magic happened in Indiana as they beat the Hawkeyes 31-28 for their first win over a ranked team since beating #9 Ohio State 31-10 on October 10, 1987! My other loss came in putting too much faith in the Fresno State Bulldogs at home against Hawaii. The Warriors usually struggle when they have to come to the mainland as they lost at FSU two years ago 70-14. Well, Hawaii returned the favor this year whipping the Bulldogs, 68-37 for their first win over FSU in three years. My "other games" record drops to 27-3, but I'd take 27 out of 30 any day and a 90 percent winning percentage. You can't stay perfect forever.

My NFL win streak came to an end too going 3-2 last week, with two southern teams getting their first wins. I didn't expect the Tennessee Titans to go into Washington and upset the Redskins 25-22, but now the Redskins are in a funk after losing two straight games and dropping to 2-4. Tampa Bay also stepped it up and couldn't afford to lose another home game, winning their first game with an upset of the Cincinnati Bengals, 14-13 in a close one. I think I'll stick to trying to pick the blowout games of the week. My overall NFL picks record dropped to 22-8 for 73.3 percent winning percentage. Here's this weekends picks:

Foss' Football Forecast:
College Football Saturday, October 21:
Pac-10 Picks:
NOTRE DAME by 10 over ucla
CALIFORNIA by 7 over washington
ARIZONA STATE by 14 over stanford
oregon by 10 over WASHINGTON STATE
ARIZONA by 14 over oregon state

Others:
boise state by 10 over IDAHO
air force by 14 over SAN DIEGO STATE
texas christian (tcu) by 10 over ARMY
AUBURN by 21 over tulane
MISSOURI by 14 over kansas state

NFL Sunday, October 22:
N. Y. JETS by 7 over detroit
jacksonville by 14 over HOUSTON
denver by 14 over CLEVELAND
INDIANAPOLIS by 10 over washington
SEATTLE by 10 over minnesota

GO DUCKS & SEAHAWKS FLY HIGH!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home