Sunday, December 17, 2006

Foss' Football Forecast, Dec. 17, 2006

In my first week of just picking NFL games, and increasing my picks to 10 games, I went 6-4 for 60 percent for the weekend due to a couple upsets. The biggest was the Arizona Cardinals upset of the Seattle Seahawks 27-21 preventing the Seahawks from clinching the NFC West. The Cardinals capitalized on Seahawk turnovers. I was glad to see the Miami Dolphins upset the New England Patriots, but was not bold enough to predict it and was impressed with the Dolphins defense in a 21-0 shutout. It was the first time the Patriots had been shutout since September 7, 2003 (a 31-0 loss to Buffalo), and the first time the Dolphins had shutout the Patriots since their perfect season in 1972. I figured the San Francisco 49ers could beat the slumping Green Bay Packers at home, but the Packers rolled into the SF Bay area and ended their three-game losing streak, 30-19, and extended the 49ers losing streak to three-games. The New York Jets had been playing pretty well with a two-game win streak and I figured they could beat Buffalo in the Meadowlands, but the Bills grounded the Jets, 31-13. In my six wins, Atlanta, Minnesota, Cincinnati, San Diego, Tennessee and Chicago came through. My overall NFL picks record is now 46-29 for a 61.3 winning percentage.

The college football bowl season starts this coming Tuesday, December 19th with the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego, one of two bowl games in San Diego. I am still working on my bowl game picks and I will have all 32 posted on Monday. Today I will just post my NFL picks for this Sunday, December 17, 2006. So here is this weekends Foss' Football Forecast.

NFL Sunday:
BALTIMORE by 10 over cleveland
GREEN BAY by 14 over detroit
NEW ENGLAND by 10 over houston
jacksonville by 7 over TENNESSEE
CHICAGO by 14 over tampa bay
NEW ORLEANS by 10 over washington
denver by 3 over ARIZONA
CAROLINA by 10 over pittsburgh
st. louis by 10 over OAKLAND
SAN DIEGO by 10 over kansas city

Enjoy the games!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home