Sunday, January 21, 2007

Foss' Football Forecast, January 21, 2007

The NFL Divisional Playoffs were a little rough. I went 2-0 on Saturday, but then 0-2 on Sunday. My overall playoff record is now 5-3 for 62.5 winning percentage. I was glad to see the Indianapolis Colts go back to Baltimore and take down the Ravens 15-6. Whenever the Ravens play you know it is going to be a defensive duel, and the Colts scored just enough points, surprisingly they won without scoring a touchdown as Adam Vinatieri scored all of the Colts points with five field goals. He has to be the best free agent pick up of the season, and ironically now he has to face his former team to get the Colts to the Super Bowl. I see them doing it. I'm getting tired of seeing the Patriots in the Super Bowl. It's good for new teams to make it, and although the Colts have been there before (not since a win in 1971 over Dallas as the Baltimore Colts, 16-13 in Super Bowl V), it will be their first time for the fans of Indianapolis.

I also was glad to see the New Orleans Saints beat the Philadelphia Eagles, 27-24, their first win in a Divisional round to clinch their first trip to the NFC Championship Game although it means a road trip to Chicago. I think the Saints are the team of destiny this year and will reward the city for all they've been through with a trip to their first Super Bowl.

Last Sunday was a heart-breaker as my Seattle Seahawks couldn't defend their NFC Championship with a hard fought overtime loss to the Chicago Bears 27-24. The shocker of the day was in San Diego, at 14-2 I thought this was finally the Chargers year and they may be the team of destiny, but the Chargers ran out of juice against the playoff veteran New England Patriots in another close game, 24-21.

You already know who I want to win, but here are my official picks:

Sunday, January 21, 2007:
NFC Championship Game

new orleans (11-6) by 3 over CHICAGO (14-3)

AFC Championship Game

INDIANAPOLIS (14-4) by 7 over new england (14-4)

Should be two great games, enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home